Sunday, January 3, 2016

It's a new year.

Start fresh.

I love when the new year gets here because I feel like it is a way to evaluate myself and how I have been living and allow myself to fix done things. I'm not big into the typical resolutions of "I wanna lose weight", "I want to get healthy", etc. Granted yes, I want to do that, but that is a life goal, not just for this year.

I am into resolutions that are going to benefit me. My resolution is to not spend my money on things I don't need. I have student loans and as I'm getting older, my bills are getting larger. I don't want to worry about money because I bought two new purses and a pair of boots.... I have to be honest with myself and get ahead in a world that cost so much.

In the last year, I'm not exactly happy with how it went, so I want to make better decisions. I'm going to start my masters. I'm going to save money. I'm going to focus on myself since I am all I have. Meaning no significant other. I give myself an F for the first part of the year, but a B for the later part of the year. I going for an A in 2016.

Reflect on all that you have done in the previous year and really think about what you need to do to make this year better. Did you first? Keep it up. Did you gain weight and want tiki lose it? There is no time like the present to start a new healthy life. Want to save money? Learn to budget. Want to move? Plan. New job? Go for it. :)

I moved home. Fail, but I'm saving money to try again. I started dieting and have lost 30 pounds. Win, but I'm still going. :) I got a new job I hated, fail, but I then for a new job I am happy with. I have to look at the positive and negative.

I know the whole "new year, new you" thing is pretty standard among a lot of people, but take it seriously. Whatever you want to do...... Why not start now? Don't put things off. Oprah is doing weight watchers and her whole thing is "if not now, when?". I feel that needs to be said for songwriting in like that you want to do. Go for it. :)


                    

No comments:

Post a Comment