Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Find Someone To Look Up To



In life we sometimes lead by example. I want to grow up to be like my mom, my aunt, my favorite celebrity. Etc. it is important to find someone that you can look up to. I personally don’t want to be this person. I want to honor this person. She was an amazing human being and for the era that she was in, she was strong. She went out of her way for things and she is a hero in my eyes and someone that woman should want to be. This person has inspired me and with all of the stuff going on about putting a woman on the $20 bill, I believe that it should be her.

This person is Eleanor Roosevelt.

As I said in the paragraph above, I want to honor her and by that I mean know what she stood for. I am constantly reading her quotes and keeping them in my thoughts because she was such a strong woman and her words should live on.

“With a new day comes new strength and new thoughts.”

“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”

“We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all.”

“The future belongs to those who believe in beauty of their dreams.”

‘You must do the things you think you cannot do.”

“It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.”

“No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.”

“Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn’t have the power to say yes.”

“It is not fair to ask of others what you are not willing to do yourself”

“Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.”

-Eleanor Roosevelt

I am a big quote person, I have made that obvious through my other post. With Eleanor Roosevelt. She stepped out of the typical role of first lady while her husband was in office. She stood by his side, but she also stood alone. She paved the path for future first lady’s to be able to make a name for themselves as well and to do things that interest them.

I have written a few papers on her while in high school. She is fascinating with all that she did. I recommend looking her up, or at lease looking her words up.

She is someone I look up to.
She is someone that woman that will always be remembered.

Anyone can be a role model for you. Find someone that you can look up to and pave your own path because of that. You can look up to many people. I know the type of person I want to be and the type I don’t want to be. It is that simple. 



No comments:

Post a Comment