Monday, May 4, 2015

Don't Be Negative



When you look at your life, what do you see? The things that are wrong with it? Or the thing that are good? The unfortunate fact is that most people tend to look at the negative. I hate my job, I hate my weight, I need more money, etc. the list can go on and on.

Something that we need to do as a whole in our society is to stop looking at what others have and what we don’t, and start looking at what we do have. What are you thankful for? It isn’t something that you should just pay attention to around the holidays. You should keep these things in mind all year around. Thankful for family? Friend? Actually having a job? Having a home? Sometimes it is the little things. Sometimes it’s very important things.

Living a life where you are constantly negative is going to turn you into a very negative person. It will also turn you into a very jealous person. Nobody wants to be around people life that.

Look in the mirror, instead of saying what you don’t like, tell yourself what you do? We all have flaws, to help give ourselves more positivity we need to start with ourselves! Society gives us the perception that we have to be perfect, which isn’t possible. Individuality is what makes each and every one of us beautiful.

We all have negative moments, we are human. We must try to be optimistic and not dwell on the negative. Look at it as negative for a second, that is typically the first reaction, but the secret weapon is ot say “ok that sucks, but….” Find the positive. If you have to change something, change it. If it can’t be changed, deal with it and learn from it.

Personally I have every reason to be so negative right now. I am trying my best not to be negative and I try to focus on the good. Of course I have bad days, but don’t let them get the best of me. No job, I keep applying. Disappointing my parents, I know one day it won’t be that way. Hate where I live, I’m making the best of it. I just keep moving forward, not backwards.

Don’t hold yourself back with a negative attitude. No one wants to be around someone who is constantly negative and complaining. It’s ok to vent to people, but make sure it doesn’t consist of only the negative. Make a point to look at the positive.


No comments:

Post a Comment