Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Power of Music

           One of my favorite things in the world is music. I am constantly adding new music to my iTunes and I love watching the amount of music I have go up. it has always been an outlet for me. If I’m sad, I know what song to play. If I’m happy, I know what song to play. I hate silence, except when I’m sleeping, so even while studying in college I had classical music playing while I studied. It is something I love learning about and getting new information on. I love hearing the great artist in each genre and who paved the path for artist in that genre today.
            
I have a playlist for everything. Road trips, songs to listen to when I’m in the shower, songs for when I’m sad and want to be happy, and simply songs for everything. I am organized when it comes to my music.
           
Do you have a song that every time you listen to it you have a memory attached to it? Those are my favorite. You might not know it when you’re listening to it, but if it is worth a memory it is an amazing song. Even if the song itself isn’t that special, memories are. Find those songs. I will put my iTunes on shuffle and songs will play from forever ago and I can see myself dancing around in my room to them, I love it.
           
            Find music that speaks to you. I love falling in love with a new song. Give all genres a chance. Find songs that are you’re go to songs. I’m happy, I’m going to listen to….. I’m sad I’m going to listen to… I need something to brighten my mood…. I know my list of songs, it’s important to know yours. Music might not be that important to some people, but it is always there, playing somewhere.

            You don’t have to know anything about music to care about it either. I used to take voice lessons and can play a few instruments, but that was also 4 years ago, and now I focus on what the lyrics say in a song. How do they speak to me? I listen to hear the drums in the background and the guitar. I listen. Music is there to enjoy, enjoy it.

            It’s hard to do this post because it’s hard to put into words how important music is to me. I spend hours being OCD with my iTunes making sure everything is organized because it’s important to me. I am constantly writing down songs I hear and artist I think I should look into to see if I like their music.
          
Even if music is simply finding a good song on the radio, enjoy it.

Figure out what music can do for you. Let it be your escape.


“Where words fail, music speaks”
- Hans Christian Anderson -

“If music be the food of love, play on.”
 -William Shakespeare -

“Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent” -Victor Higo -

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
- Friedrich Nietzche -

“Music can change the world because it can change people.”  
- Bono -

No comments:

Post a Comment