Monday, February 23, 2015

Make Plans.

When thinking about the future, it scares me. One thing that helps me think about the future is making a plan. I am facing so many decisions that I have to make and having a plan is helping. If I move back to Illinois, which would be next week if I do, I have two different plans that I need to follow. Obviously to get a job is priority number one, the rest will fall into place. If I stay where I am, then I continue on the plan that I am currently working through.

If you have a dream, it is one thing to say that you are going to chase the dream and it is another thing to actually have a plan that you can put into action. How are you going to make that dream come true? What is your next step? Plans change and nothing ever goes as it is supposed to, but the best part about having a plan A is that you can also have a plan B or C. Plan A would work in a perfect situation, and I wish you all the luck in having success with that plan, but also be prepared just in case something doesn’t work out the way it was supposed to.

My plans:
  • Plan A – Move to Georgia. Get a job. Save money. Move to Nashville.
    • I have failed all aspects of this plan so far.
  • Plan B – Move back to Illinois. Get a Job. Save Money. Get a job in Nashville. Move to Nashville
    • This is my next plan
  • Plan C – Stay in Illinois.
    • This is probably only if I got married or something. Then the plan isn’t just about what I want.


The future is a scary place and things happen that aren’t planned. It is simply all about how you go from there. What is the next step? I had it all planned out for when I got to Georgia, I am a great example of things not going according to plan. I also know what my next step is. I have this week to get a job and if I don’t, I will be back in Illinois, starting over, and hopefully having more success.

Have faith in your own decisions, wants, and needs. Do what is best for you! Seek advice from friends and family members. Do what you have to do to make sure that you are prepared. Make a plan that is obtainable. Don’t set yourself up for failure, but also get outside of your comfort zone. Don’t live a life where you are constantly saying, “one day I will,” do it now. Take a chance and do what you need to do to make sure that you are happy with your life.

Write down where you are now and then write down where you want to be. Fill the space in between with the steps to get there.

There is no time like the present. That I am certain of. If you keep putting your dreams off, they are going to be harder to go for. Never give up, but start now! Make a plan of who you want to be in 5 years and where you see yourself. It isn’t going to just happen for you, you have to make it happen!


I do feel as though our lives are books. Each day we write a new page. It is going to be a boring book if it is the same thing over and over again on each page. There are obvious exceptions to this though. If you love your job, it isn’t going to be boring. If you spend time making memories with friends, it isn’t going to be boring. Anything you do that makes you happy is going to change the story. Start now. Make those pages something to remember. 




Comment Your Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment