Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Spend Time With Family.

Where would we all be without our family members? Some relationships might not be great, but family is forever. You can have friends that you consider family. Blood relation isn't everything.

Look to your family for guidance and advice. I ask my mom questions all the time. She was my age once and went through thing that I am going thing at some point in her life. They are here to give advice and to help, talking can do wonders. I talk to cousins and aunts and uncles and get their viewpoint on things. Sometimes they give it without asking, listen.

Family is extremely important. As I said earlier it can be friends that you call family as well. It’s important to stay in communication with the family members you are close to. Those relationships can't be duplicated. If you aren't close to family members, make a point to work on it, from both sides. I’m not trying to put my two cents in on how to conduct relationships with your family because if you aren't close to them, there are going to be reasons that are your reasons. I hope that you have someone to be close to.

I would love to put a definition of family down, but I feel it is indescribable. Family means so many different things to so many different people. We all have our dysfunctions and our perfections.

With my family, I don't talk to my mom about everything in my personal life, I have friends for that, but I talk to her about life stuff. As in my job (when I have one) and stuff for my apartment and just typical living stuff. I have friends who tell their moms everything, relationships are different. I will probably never have the “perfect mother/daughter” relationship with my mom, I am ok with that. I know what I need to do to make sure, and pray, that a daughter of my own and I have a better relationship.

I have two siblings, brothers, one I talk to and one I only talk to when we see each other in person, which doesn’t happen much. I know that they both are my family and hopefully one day I can speak with both of them the way siblings should. Support each other and love each other. One brother is ok at doing that, but getting better. One doesn’t at all. Of course I am trying to get better at it also. It all comes with age level for us.

The fact that I do have family there for when I need them is awesome. I mean, I moved in with my brother while I tried to find a job. Glad I had the opportunity, but I consider it a major waste of time.

Keep family close to you. No matter what kind of family it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment