Sunday, December 7, 2014

Dream Big

Dream:
  1. A series of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations occurring involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep.
  2. A daydream; a reverie.
  3. A state of abstraction; a trance.
  4. A wild fancy or hope.
  5. A condition or achievement that is longed for; an aspiration.
  6. One that is exceptionally gratifying, excellent, or beautiful.


Who hasn’t had a dream that is so big that even you feel you won’t reach it? I have. I have a ton of dreams that deep down I know may never happen, but that doesn’t stop me from dreaming. I say all the time “we all want to be famous” and the reason I say that is because I have so many ambitions that involve singing, acting, writing, and even photography and I hope that they all can come true in some way for me. I keep those dreams to myself a lot, but hint… I wonder why I chose Nashville. J

Having a dream that is out of reach, I feel, is fun. It makes it harder to obtain, but once you get it, it will mean so much more. There is always the possibility that a dream might not ever come true, but that isn’t a reason to give up.

My dreams.
·        Music: I’m moving to Nashville. Even if I don’t become a part of the music, surrounding myself with it will be enough for me. Or I can settle for posting videos on YouTube, maybe.
·        Acting: I just have a dream of doing it because it is so out there. I know this is never a possibility so I collect movies to compensate J
·        Writing: I would love to be someone that does interview and writes for people to read, but I don’t know about that one. I’ll settle for writing m blog.
·        Photography: now this one is possible. Become famous on Instagram haha. I am just kidding, but I do plan on taking photography classes in the next few years.

I don’t sell myself short on the things that I want to do. I also want to learn how to dance. Mostly to get into shape, but because it looks like fun.

A rule in life is to not sell yourself short. Some dreams are going to come more easily to you, some are going to be harder, and some are not going to be obtained. It is a matter of moving forward towards those dreams and not ever giving up. The worst thing you can do is give up. You can always take a break from trying to get there, but don’t let a dream die. It was a part of you for a reason.

A life without dreams wouldn’t be much fun. I would be bored out of my mind. When I was a kid I remember the “what do I want to be when I grow up” question and feeling like the possibilities are endless. I never want to lose that feeling. The sky is the limit and I’m not going to stop until I reach the stars. Sounds corny or something off of a quote you find on Pinterest, but I would be lying if I didn’t really feel that way. You can always make changes in your life and you’re never too old to find a new dream.

A promise to keep to yourself is to never let anyone tell you that you aren’t good enough or that you will never make it. It may be a step backwards when someone says that, but it isn’t a failure. Push yourself and know that anything is possible. Your dreams are not their dreams so they don’t know how much it means to you. Show them what you’ve go. Take a chance, be brave, and shock yourself. Know that someone is cheering you on and that someone is you.



Live with passion. Grow from every obstacle. Dream big.


dream. (n.d.) The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. (2003). Retrieved December 7 2014 from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dream



comment your thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment