Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Life is your Journey.

“Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” —Les Brown

We are all on our own journey in life. We are all in charge of our journey. It is up to us to figure out where we want to go in life and to make it happen. 

My journey. I decided I needed to get away from the small town I lived in and to become my own person. I didn’t want to be someone who died in the zip code they have lived their whole life. I wanted to get away. My dreams we bigger than the small town I grew up in. I got out. I am still on the journey to get to Nashville. i know the future steps that need to be taken to get there and I will try my best to get them done as fast as I can and get there. I don’t know what is going to happen when I get to Nashville. Nothing can ever really be planned. I just know that whatever happens is up to me.

My family doesn’t exactly support me moving to Nashville. I had to make the decision to move on my own. I had doubts in my ear all the time. it was up to me. Either stay or go. Stay and possibly be stuck or go and get out. I can always go back, but leaving it the hardest part. I decided for me that I needed to be in charge. Not my family or friends. It’s my life and my choices. If I fail, oh well. At least I tried. I’ve made it to Georgia, which was a pretty big step.

Take charge of your journey. If you want to be somewhere or accomplish something, do it. Work for it. Don’t let people own your life. You won’t be happy if you settle. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What is your dream? Go out and work for it. Nothing is going to fall into our laps. I mean, if you win the lottery and can buy everything, more power to you, but that isn’t realistic.

The life we live and the dreams we chase is what our journey is. Some don’t go far for what they want, some do. Each choice we make in life effects where our journey is going to take us. A new job, a new town, and a new love. Our lives change all the time. Our journey changes all the time.

It is important to just keep in mind that everything that happens to you is up to you. If you want to move, do it. Want a job promotion, do it. Want a new job, try it. Don’t limit yourself. The world is full of possibilities and nothing is ever off limits.

This post can't be full of how to or what to do advice. I am only allowed to make choices for myself when it come to my journey. The only advice I can give is to make sure that you are always working for something. Don't settle. Don't let people ruin your dreams. Enjoy your journey. Enjoy your life.


comment your thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment