Saturday, December 6, 2014

Taking Chances

My first blog post is going to be one to introduce myself.

Hello, my name is Randi Renee Long. I am from the very small town of Thomson, Illinois. I lived there my whole life until I graduated high school and moved one town over to Fulton, Illinois. While living in Fulton I attended college in Clinton, Iowa and Ashford University. I graduated May 2014 with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and I studied Human Resource Management as my minor.

Leading up to graduating college I knew that I didn’t want to stay in the small town I was living in and decided that I needed to get out. I decided that Nashville, Tennessee is where I want to spend the rest of my life living. Something about the city called my name and I couldn’t seem to get it to shut up. My family has doubts in me, but what is the point of living if you don’t take chances?

I got an invite from my sister-in-law to come move with her, my brother, and my niece in Georgia. Initial thought was that it is not Nashville, but it is only 4 hours away from Nashville. On August 5th, 2014 I moved to Georgia and left everything behind.

I miss my friends, I miss my close relationship with my dad and mom, and I miss feeling like I knew where my life was going. Ever since I got to Georgia I have been unemployed and have been having trouble finding a job. My brother is irritated by my lack of money coming in since he said he won’t charge me rent until I get a job (I feel bad). My mom is trying to force me to come home and making me feel like I’m a failure. My dad doesn’t want me to come home because he knows I wasn’t happy and my dreams don’t belong in Illinois.

I have to try to stay positive which is hard because I have so much negativity going on in my life right now. My mom and I aren’t speaking, I feel my brother wants to kick me out, and I don’t have any friends here in Georgia. I spend my days up in my room here job searching and watching movies.

Good news came when I came back from Illinois for thanksgiving. I had a phone interview for a temporary human resource assistant job. That went well because I have an in person interview on 12/9, Tuesday. Wish me luck. I am so nervous I might fail at this job, but nervous also that I won’t get hired. I want to succeed and know that I am capable of it, but it is hard to not worry.

Wish me luck and I hope that taking this chance to move to Georgia pays off.





comment your thoughts


No comments:

Post a Comment