Saturday, December 6, 2014

No Regrets

One thing that I find it hard to do in life is to have no regrets. There are many things to regret in life and the worst thing that you can regret is the chances you never took.

Regrets and mistakes go hand in hand and a personal mistake/regret I have to deal with right now is the fact that I shouldn’t have moved when I did. I had a plan to wait at least one year after graduation before I moved. I wanted to move to Nashville prepared and ready for whatever life threw at me. Georgia was not even part of the plan. The problem with all of this is that I did move when I did and I cannot go back in time and start over so I have to make the best of it. The positive side of things is that Georgia can open doors for me, when I find a job, and can give me experience that I wouldn’t have gotten if I were still in my small town in Illinois.

Be positive! Don’t look at the negative in everything.

Being positive can change your life in itself. If you’re negative about everything the regrets are going to haunt you and you won’t be able to move forward. Moving forward is how you learn from your mistakes. If you don’t allow yourself to learn, the mistake will constantly repeat itself. No one person is perfect in life and take pride in how imperfect you are.

Prepare yourself for future bumps in the road by learning from your mistakes and learning how to move forward after you make a mistake.

Of course it isn’t easy to be positive all the time and nobody is positive all the time. Everyone has their own moment of negativity and the difference is how a person deals with it. Negativity could take over for a minute for some and then be gone, but for others it could take a lot longer to see the positive side of things.

My favorite thing to do is to think of the quote “Everything Happens for a Reason”. You may not know the reasons right away or at all for why something happened, but its best to keep it in mind. If it didn’t happen, make something else happen. Don’t give up.

Mistake
An error in action, calculation, opinion, or judgment caused by poor reasoning, carelessness, insufficient knowledge, etc.

Regret

To feel sorrow or remorse for (an act, fault, disappointment, etc.)

Thanks Dictionary.com


Mistakes cause regrets. Live through it. Live because of it. Make things better the next time around. Life goes on. Stay Positive.



comment your thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment